Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Westboro Baptist Church in Colorado

Heads up to those of you in Colorado: the Westboro Baptist Church (of "God hates fags" infamy) is going to be picketing in various towns in our neck of the woods for a few days later this month.  Their schedule is posted at http://www.godhatesfags.com/schedule.html (the CO schedule is just over half-way down the page).  I've heard rumors of several planned counter-protests, but I'm currently unsure of details.  If you know of anything that's going on, drop me a line and I'll pass the word along to others.  I'll let y'all know if I hear anything further.

Just because no one in the world likes these people doesn't mean counter-protests are useless.  People need to stand up to them whether people are listening to their message or not.

Bob

No comments: